New Member Account Activation and Validation
Each new member will receive an email from MyChapterRoom (MCR) entitled “Welcome to MCR!” That email contains a link for you to activate your MCR account. The initial login must be done through the MCR website on a desktop or laptop (not a mobile device) and you must use the email address listed in the welcome email for your first login when a password is created. Your username will be your email address.
- After clicking the link to activate her account, you will create a password and re-enter your chosen password before clicking the Submit button.
- Upon login, there will be several required fields outlined in red for you to complete. When you are finished filling out all fields, you will click the Update button in the upper right corner. If you do not fill out all required fields, the update button will not be clickable.
- After clicking on the Update button in MCR, a text will be sent containing a code that must be entered to verify your cell phone number.
- A popup window will appear. You will then complete a few more required fields that will allow you to be reported for Initiation. This step will need to be completed before you can access other MCR features.
- The next screen, you will enter some additional contact information. The information previously entered on the MCR Profile screen will be greyed-out. If the greyed-out information needs to be modified or updated, it can be done at any time in MCR.
- You will read and electronically sign the Membership Agreement
- The Post-Recruitment Assessment is the last step in the self-validation pop-up window.
- A PDF of the Membership Agreement can then be downloaded. A copy of the electronically signed Membership Agreement is kept on file at National Headquarters.
The self-validation pop-up window can now be closed. Upon closing the pop-up, you will be taken to the home dashboard of MCR.
If you exit MCR without completing your profile or the information in the self-validation pop-up window, you will need to complete the information upon your next login before any other section of the chapter’s MCR can be accessed.