How to Report New Members in MyChapterRoom
The Vice President of Operations should report new members in MyChapterRoom (MCR) immediately after a bid is accepted so the chapter can welcome them to the Sisterhood and new members can connect with Sisters.
If a new member resigns and does not go through the Ribbon Pledging Ceremony, she can be removed from the New Member Class Report before confirming the new member class in Officer Portal. Confirming the new member class should be done within seven (7) days of the Ribbon Pledging Ceremony. Dues, fees, and assessments will be added to the chapter statement upon confirming new members in Officer Portal.
Initiation should be reported three (3) weeks prior to the Formal Initiation Ceremony to receive Badges and membership certificates and cards in time for the Formal Initiation Ceremony.
To report new members in MCR:
- Click on My Access (the key icon) on the left menu.
- Click on Manage Users.
- Click on the pencil in the upper right corner
- Click on the + (plus) sign in the left corner of the Manage Users screen and a pop-up window will appear.
- Enter each member’s legal first and last name followed by their email address; separated by one space. Put each new member on a separate line. Click the Done button when finished. Click here if you need guidance on downloading New Members from recruitment software.
- MyChapterRoom welcome emails will be sent after new members are entered into MCR. These emails contain a link for the new member to activate her MCR account. This link is unique to the new member so please make sure they do not share it.
It is very important that new members are reported in MCR immediately after accepting a bid so you can welcome them to the Sisterhood. If a new member resigns and does not go through the Ribbon Pledging Ceremony, she can be removed from the New Member Class Report in Officer Portal before the new member class is confirmed. At the time a new member is removed from the New Member Class Report, she will be automatically reported as resigned in Officer Portal and MCR. Confirming the new member class should be done in Officer Portal within seven (7) days of the Ribbon Pledging Ceremony.
Please report Initiation in Officer Portal at least three (3) weeks prior to Initiation to receive Badges and membership certificates and cards in time for the Formal Initiation Ceremony.